Intercession is Urgently Needed
Wild Things are Happening in our Host Country!
News From Our Host Country
As many of you have probably heard, there are some big things happening in our beloved Host Country these days, and I wanted to give you a quick update, as this all definitely requires our prayers.
Recently the Ruling Body of the country declared that the Leader who had assumed power once again after “elections” was not legitimate. And just the other day, one of the members of the Ruling Body officially declared that per the constitution, he was stepping in as interim Leader, until elections could be held. The US, Canada, most of Latin America, and several other countries have all officially recognized this new Interim Leader as the legitimate one. And several big countries from Europe have strongly encouraged this illegitimate Leader to hold national elections once again in eight days.
Well, the illegitimate Leader refuses to step down, and announced that he is severing ties with the US, and ordered all embassy personnel to leave within 72 hours. And the new interim Leader countered that saying that the orders of the illegitimate leader are null and void, and asked all embassies to stay. So far many countries have chosen to go with what the interim Leader is saying.
We don’t know where things are going but we recognize that things could go really crazy. There are some real big power-players involved from around the world and they are supporting the illegitimate Leader. Yes folks, this is a potential powder keg!
Huge marches took place across the country on January 23rd which was the anniversary of the fall of another dictator they had not so many decades ago. We are thankful that the marches have been peaceful for the most part.
Could you please join us in prayer for this beautiful country that is so torn apart? Her are some key things to bring before the Lord:
- Pray that God would bring change in His time and in the most peaceful way possible.
- Pray that HE will get the glory and His purposes would be accomplished.
- Pray for wisdom and caution for all leaders to make God’s choices.
- Pray that when humanitarian aid is sent that it will reach the people who need it and that it will not be stolen or sold.
- Pray for us who still are involved in working with different peoples in the country, that God as our Chief Strategist would guide us through these times.
- Pray for continued open doors for the Gospel in this beloved country.
Thanks for your ongoing prayers for the dear P believers whose lives are also affected during these tumultuous times.
Thanking God for you all,
Merrill and Teresa