Even before we were close to moving in to live among the P people, we were very clear on what our purpose was for going there. It was simply to see Indigenous New Testament Churches raised up among the P nation that would be self-sustaining, self-propagating, and self-governing, and God-glorifying in every way. This was the BIG PICTURE right from day one, and even before day one!
And of course achieving this final goal implied getting the New Testament and many key Old Testament portions of the Scriptures into their language in a clear, accurate and user-friendly way. It also implied passing the baton on to them whenever we could, always seeking to work ourselves out of a job. We wanted to train and equip them to do the work, even as Jesus and the apostle Paul worked to prepare their disciples.
However, as we journeyed along seeking to reach the BIG PICTURE GOAL, our objectives kept changing and shifting as we reached different stages of the work. The goals back in the beginning were very different from the objectives later on as the work matured. Below you will see how goals changed as the work advanced. And of course what you see below are general goals with huge gaps of time between them. In reality we set, evaluated, and adjusted our goals weekly, monthly, and biannually. So what you have below is simply a brief snapshot of how the focus changed as the work progressed.
Present Goals 2017
- Continue to revise OT Bible lessons as well as the lessons for the Gospels, Acts, Romans, Ephesians, 1 Timothy, and Titus
- Develop Bible lessons for all the NT books that still don’t have them
- Continue to keep in touch with the believers as God opens doors, either thru letters or a visit
- Continue to update the dictionary
- Continue to read through the P Bible translation and catch some of those little errors that have slipped through earlier checks
- Connect with the pastors and upcoming shepherds as the doors open
- Invest much time calling upon the Most High God to do ‘the above and beyond our imagination’ stuff in the lives of this whole nation as multiple local churches reproduce themselves spiritually and function according to the Scriptures, bringing much honor, glory, and praise to the Head of the Body!
To read about our goals and objectives through the years, please visit “Our History” page.